List of Medical Universities in Ukraine to study MBBS
1. IVANO FRANKIVSK NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY- It is situated in Ivano city in the North-West of Ukraine. The university was established in 1945 and is the region’s premier medical university. There are around 5000 students studying in IFNMU from over 40 countries. The university has been recognised by World Health Organisation (WHO), International Medical Education Directory, Ukrainian State Centre of International Education, and Medical Council of India (MCI).
2. KHARKIV NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY- It is one of the oldest educational establishments of Ukraine. It was founded in 1805. It is the best medical university in Ukraine for international students. Its MBBS degree (MD- General Medicine, BDS- Dentistry, Pharmacy, and Nursing) is famous and recognised around the globe. The university is highly appreciated for its faculty of medicine which comprises of professors, scientists, and doctors. It is also approved by WHO, MCI, and others.
3. BOGOMOLETS NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY- This University was founded in 1841 and it was named after the famous physiologist Alexander A. Bogomolets. This university provides training to about 10,000 students which also include around 1500 international students. Known for the good quality of education, the university is recognised by MCI, WHO, and other global bodies.
4. ODESSA NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY- It was started in 1900 in Odessa. Odessa National Medical University is famous for its research-oriented faculty, six thousand students, and it has been well recognised for high standards of medical education. It is also a member of International Association of Medical Universities. The university boasts of 58 faculties and a chain of 100 clinical departments. It has earned several accreditations.
5. V.N. KARAZIN KHARKIV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY- It is one of the major universities in Ukraine. It was founded in 1804 and is the second oldest university in Ukraine. It has been ranked the best university in Ukraine and 410th university in the world in QS World University Ranking, 2020.
There around 20 subject faculties including:
- School of Biology & School of Chemistry
- School of Computer Science & School of Ecology
- School of Economics & School of Medicine
- School of History & School of Law
- School of Philosophy & School of Sociology
8. KIEV INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY- This University was established in 1994. It is an associate of the European Association of International Association and has been accreditated at level IV. Along with the other accreditation, the university is also recognised by the World Health Organisation and Medical Council of India.
Innovations at Kiev International University:
- General medicine practitioners – multidisciplinary training in health education
- Telemedicine – amalgamation of medicine and technology as one of the priorities
9. TERNOPIL NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY- This University was established in 1957 and is one of the esteemed medical institutes in Ukraine. It provides the option for varied types of courses to the local and international students. The university is approved by World Health Organisation and Medical Council of India. Students from the different corners of the world seek admission to MBBS course and other courses offered by the university at affordable tuition fee.
10. SUMY STATE UNIVERSITY- It is situated in the Sumy region of Ukraine and has IV level of accreditation. The university is an educational hub for about 14000 students admitted in pre-bachelors, bachelors and master’s degrees. Approximately, 1500 foreign students take admission in various courses. The campus is safe, engaging and good for all. The university provides varied types of the facilities to its international students.
11. UKRAINIAN MEDICAL DENTAL UNIVERSITY- This University was established in 1921 and is also known as Poltava Medical and Stomatological Academy. There are around 4500 students enrolled in various courses. It offers world-class education to the enrolled students in the varied courses. Approved by World Health Organisation (WHO) and Medical Council of India (MCI), the university offers modern amenities to the foreign students. Facility of accommodation and food is made available at a low cost.