Education System of Canada:
The education is broken into following parts:
- Certificate: It is given after completion of one-year studies.
- Diploma: A student can attain a diploma after studying for one or two years.
- Advanced Diploma: This diploma is issued generally in two to three years of the program.
- Graduation: A student is graduated after completing at least four years of full-time studies.
- Post Graduation: It is done after graduation and is comprised of one or two years of study.
- Master’s Degree: It can be done after attaining a graduate degree to get specialised in a particular subject. It is of one to two years.
- Doctorate or PhD: This degree is generally of four to seven years.
Why study in Canada?
Canada is the best place to persist more advanced education. It offers bountiful programmes with ample learning experience in combination with theoretical learning. Institutes in Canada also offer customized programs but the courses may differ from institute to institute. The ultimate goal of Canadian education system is to provide quality education to each student along with better service and phenomenal approach.
Another significance of studying in Canada is some international students who earn their degree from Canada can also apply for Canadian permanent residency without coming back to their home country.
According to facts, more than ninety percent students who are graduated from Canada universities are likely to get employed in their fields of study within few months of their graduation. It is majorly said that studying in Canada is absolutely a successful start to your future. Below are various reasons why a student chooses Canada for studying:
- Education Quality: Canada proposes a leading aspect of education. The universities in Canada are known for consistency and internationally acceptable degrees. Few of them are ranked in the top 100 of world’s leading universities.
- Affordable Tuition Fees: The cost of studying in Canada is much lower than the cost of studying in other countries such as USA or UK. A student can complete the studies in one of Canada’s top universities by just paying half tuition fee than studying in the US.
- Work while studying: Students can also work while accomplishing their studies in Canada. In this way, they can also be a part of the qualitative internship program and take advantage of much cooperative education.
- Assistance in studies: Students can take the advantage of getting assistance by such resources like attending seminars and orientations, students club etc.
- Multicultural Society: Canada is a country of multiple cultures and most used languages are English and French. People of any culture can easily find their specific recreational activities and their ethnic food. It is not very difficult for a foreigner to reside in such vibrant country.
- Campus Lifestyle: Canada’s institute campuses are well equipped with the latest technology. They provide all the facilities related to sports, medical, leisure to fulfil the needs of the students. Students can enjoy Olympic sports like facilities and modern conveniences.
- Research Opportunities: There are ample research opportunities for students. Canada’s government and private sector support research programmes which include telecommunication, computer technology, agriculture, medicine and environmental science.
Cost of Studying in Canada:
Besides tuition fee, there are many other expenses such as administration charges of the institution for an international student that are around CAD 100, international student application fees of CAD 250, fees of student services which is compulsory and to be paid around CAD 500 to CAD 1000. An international student also has to pay a processing fee of CAD 150 and a biometric fee of CAD 85.
If a student wants to live out of the campus then the accommodation charges for living in a room is around CAD 600 per month and to accommodate in an apartment a student have to pay CAD 1800 per month.
Health and Safety:
Public Safety Canada
Education in Canada is very good as compared to most of the developed countries. Studying here is definitely a good move for your career. Before you come to the conclusion you need to do some research and groundwork to go through all the aspects of the education.