Pursue Medicinal Studies in the USA
Do you want to pursue your higher education from abroad? Are you facing trouble while applying for your MBBS course in the USA? Don’t you know how to start your procedure to study your MBBS in USA? These are some of the questions that might be popping into your mind while applying for your MBBS in USA, but don’t you worry!! Study Sevenseas based in Delhi is here to assist you with all your queries and counselling.
The US has been the first choice of students interested in medicinal studies in India. Over 10,000+students from different countries apply for admission to the MBBS Course in different top-ranked universities and colleges offering the facility to study medicine in the USA every year.
The study in the US focuses more on practical studies. The country offers several facilities to international students. There are many good reasons attracting students from various family background in India interested in MBBS from USA in each session. The medical institutions in the US are recognised by WHO, MCI, and other global bodies.
MBBS in USA – Quick Facts
|Duration of MBBS (MD) Program||5.5 years for the bachelor course followed by residential program varying from 3 to 7 years|
|Medium of teaching||English for international students|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% in PCB, and graduation preferred|
|Is NEET mandatory||Yes, minimum pass score|
|MCAT||Mandatory for admission|
|Minimum age||17 years|
|Maximum age||No upper age limit|
|Minimum Tuition Fees||INR 4 lakhs per year|
|Maximum Tuition Fees||INR 48 lakh per year|
|Living cost in the USA||INR 16 – 30 per month|
|IELTS & TOEFL||Yes, necessary for admission|
Why Choose USA for MBBS Study?
- The most secure place for study in medicine.
- The best-in-class education in the world.
- International exposure to clinical studies
- Worldwide recognition of the MBBS course curriculum
- The best growth opportunities for international students
- The best medical facilities in the world
- USMLE prepared course
- Good facility and opportunities for the research works
- Excellent facility for postgraduate studies
- The medical degrees are recognised across the world
- The top 10 medical universities and colleges are based in the USA
- The classes are conducted by the highly qualified and expert faculties
- The best infrastructure with the latest medical equipment
- Modern labs and library for studies
Advantage of MBBS in USA for Indian Students
MBBS in USA for Indian Students is undoubtedly the right decision. Students can take the following advantages by choosing to study MBBS in USA this session.
- No MCI screening for practicing in India
- Teaching by medical specialists from the USA
- Higher rate of passing in USMLE
- No scope of donations or capitation
- Safe destination for male and female Indian students
- Several top-class colleges to choose for study in medicine
- Good and healthy study atmosphere
- For international students the classes are in English
- Exceptional hostel facilities for boys and girls
- Studying MBBS in the USA provides tremendous job opportunities
- the Indians are highly paid in the USA
- Medical institutions in the USA are fully recognized by WHO, ECFMG, and others
Study Medicine in the USA – The Top Medical Colleges
- University of California San Francisco
- Baylor College of Medicine
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Harvard Medical School
- Boston University School of Medicine
- Washington University School of Medicine
- Stanford University School of Medicine
- Perelman School of Medicine
- New York University School of Medicine
MBBS from USA Accreditation
- Ministry of Education, USA
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER)
About MBBS Study Admission in the USA
The Students have to continuously check the website of top medical colleges to apply for their application forms. The cycle of the admission process begins in the months of June and July. To pursue their MBBS in the USA, it is required that students meet the eligibility standards.
If you want to study MBBS in the USA, you must have completed the pre-medical course or the Bachelor of Science to get admission in the USA. The Students must have scored good marks in TOEFL/IELTS. To get admission to the top medical schools in the USA, you must clear the NEET and MCAT Exam. Students can get admission to the medical colleges of the USA through the portal of AAMC also.
If you are a graduate and have a qualified MCAT score, then you can begin with your admission process by sending the application to the Medical School you want to study MBBS in the USA.
MBBS in the USA – Admission Procedure
To apply for MBBS in the USA, the students must follow these steps:
- The students need to fill the application forms of various universities in the USA so that their chances of pursuing their higher education get higher.
- The students must keep in mind the fact that the chances of international students to pursue MBBS in the USA are very low.
- The students must take the MCAT test to get admission to MBBS in the USA. The test examines the knowledge of reasoning, science and writing skills of the students. The exam is computer-based and takes place in 4-5 hours. The student can give the test thrice in a year.
- After scoring good marks in the examination, the students must apply to different universities in the USA.
- Students must apply to the universities through AMCAS which is American Medical College Application Service.
- Students must attach a letter of recommendation while submitting their application form.
Study Cost for MBBS in the USA
- To study your MBBS in the USA will cost you around Rs. 3.80 Lakhs/Year – Rs. 48 Lakhs/Year for the duration of 4 year+1 year for an internship as well.
- The cost of living will include around Rs. 15-30 thousand per month.
- The fees structure primarily includes the tuition fees of the entire course, hostel accommodation, food and living cost and miscellaneous cost included in it.
- Some of the top medical universities in the USA provide scholarships for Indian Students which help students to save around Rs. 12.50 lakhs if they apply within the time frame and meet the eligibility standards.
- The tuition fee may differ from university to university in the USA.
About the Tuition Fees for MBBS in USA
To have a clear picture of tuition fees of the various universities in the USA, look at the below table:
|NAME OF UNIVERSITY||AVERAGE TUITION FEES [PER YEAR]|
|University of California||$64,132|
|New Mexico School of Medicine||$15,798|
|East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine||$18,159|
USMLE – United States Medical Licensing Examination
Studying medicine from the US is not an easy task. It demands devotion, hard work, and determination in mind to succeed. The course and the procedure may be complex but a successful candidate has the world of opportunities. There is no limit to the growth of a successful Indian medical graduate from the US.
One of the other important requirements to study in the USA is the USMLE. Here USMLE stands for the United States Medical Licensing Examination. A candidate needs to qualify for the USMLE test. The USMLE test is organized by the conducting agency in three varied phases at various intervals. Students need to clear the USMLE phases one by one while pursuing his/her medical studies from the US-based medical college or university.
- The first part of the USMLE test is generally conducted during the second year of your medical graduation
- The second part of the USMLE test is conducted during the fourth year of your medical graduation
- The third and final part of the USMLE test is conducted during the first year of your residential program
The USMLE test ensures that you have sufficient qualification to meet the standards derived by the US educational system to become a successful doctor.
To study MBBS in the USA, the students must meet the eligibility criteria:
- The top universities demand graduation for the admission procedure. However, there are alternatives to graduation.
- She/he must have gained 50% marks in their 12th standard from recognized school with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as their compulsory subjects.
- If the students fail to get 50% marks in their 12th standard, then they must take the entrance test.
- If the students don’t have Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as their compulsory subjects, then they must have studied a pre-medical course/ bachelor of science.
- He/she should have completed the age of 17 years.
- The applicant needs to be medically fit.
- He/she needs to have a valid passport.
- NEET is compulsory to get admission to top medical institutions of the USA.
- TOEFL/IELTS is required to prove their English proficiency.
- The candidate must have qualified MCAT with a good score to get a seat to study MBBS in US.
- GAMSAT Score or MCAT score
Intake and Application Deadlines
The students must fill their application forms to pursue their MBBS in the USA by the month of June and July. However in a few other universities the intake for applications is September. After filling the application form of a particular university, the documents are verified within the university and in the month of August, the student receives a letter that states that their admission has been fully accepted by the university.
Course Duration for Medical Studies
The entire course duration of MBBS in the USA is around 4 years+ 1 year of internship. It is followed by a residential program varying from 3 to 7 years.
USA – Quick Glance
|Currency||United States dollar ($) (USD)|
|Largest city||New York City|
|Population||328,239,523 (estimated in 2019)|
|Time zone||UTC−4 to −12, +10, +11|
Documents for Admission to MBBS Program in the USA
- Admission application form filled carefully
- Copy of Academic certificates 10th & 12th
- NEET pass score
- Copy of valid passport
- Birth and medical certificate
- Passport Size Recent Photographs
Documents for VISA Application
- 10th & 12th Marksheets
- Medical Insurance
- Student visa fees for Ukraine
- Birth Certificate & School transfer certificate
- Passport size photo – 20
- University’s Official Letter of Invitation from the USA
- Passport with 2 years minimum validity
- Health test certificates
- Multiple set attested photocopies of 10+2, passport, birth certificate, school transfer certificate, and letter of invitation letter
- All documents need to be authorized by New Delhi, the Ministry of External Affairs
Facilities or Amenities in Hostels
- Wi-Fi available round the clock
- Power and water supply 24×7
- Hygienic surroundings
- Good quality food facility
- 24×7 facility for student security
- Sharing and independent accommodation
- Separate hostel building for male and female students
CAREER PROSPECTS FOR MBBS IN USA STUDENTS
There are several advantages for the students pursuing MBBS from the USA:
- Indian medical graduates from the USA can choose rewarding career as Family physicians, Surgeon, Anesthesiologist, Hospitalist, and Dermatologist.
- The medical institutions in the USA have great demand and respect all over the world.
- Doctors from the USA have a great reputation all over the world.
- The Indian students after completing their medicinal studies program can get good jobs in private and public hospitals or start their practice in India.
- If a student wants to do their practice in the USA, they must complete a residential program as well but if they want to come back to India after completing their bachelor’s program, they must take the NMC Screening test.
Why Choose Study Sevenseas for MBBS Abroad?
- Dependable MBBS Abroad Education Consultant in Delhi
- Pool of experts counsellors to counsel MBBS candidates
- Registered Overseas Education Consultant
- Professional study abroad counselling
- Total documentation support
- Visa application guidance
- No hidden cost with transparency assured
- Admission application support
- Support in university selection and course selection
- Clarification to the queries and questions 24×7
- Post-admission support
- Low consulting charge for overseas education services
- Air ticketing, forex & pick-up from airport to university campus
After completing your medicinal course from the universities or colleges in the US, a candidate can commence practicing medicine in his/her country by giving any additional screening. The Medical Council of India doesn’t ask students to give any additional exam post completing their MBBS from USA located medical institutions.
Why wait more? Rush to get your seat confirmed in a prestigious college today. Contact us at Study Sevenseas today!