MBBS in Bulgaria – Overview
Europe is one of the most preferred places for medicine study across the world. People from across the globe come to Europe to make career in medicine. It has become the most preferred place for MBBS education. Bulgaria is one such place. It has best universities including the highly rated Plovdiv Medical University. In the recent times, it has become one of the smart choices for all MBBS aspirants.The procedure for MBBS admission in Bulgaria for Indian students is flexible and easy.
Study MBBS in top WHO medical universities in Bulgaria at a low fee structure with Study Sevenseas, Delhi! We are a leading and trustworthy overseas consultant firm for MBBS in Bulgaria and other nations. Being an official university representative, we have helped many students to pursue their dream education in medicine. The 6-year MBBS course in medicine will help you get quality education and training in the medical field. You can talk to our educational experts for further guidance. You can find more information on the course and other relevant things in the content.
MBBS in Bulgaria – at a Glance
|Duration of MBBS (MD) Program||5 years+ 1- year internship|
|Medium of teaching||English for international students|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% in PCB|
|Is NEET mandatory||Yes, minimum pass score|
|Recognition||MCI, WHO, ECFMG, USA, ACGME, MCC|
|Minimum age||17 years|
|Maximum age||No upper age limit|
|Minimum Tuition Fees||USD 7000 approx. per year|
|Living cost in Bulgaria||USD 200 -250 per month|
|IELTS & TOEFL||Not necessary for admission|
Why MBBS in Bulgaria is the Right Choice?
- No entrance examinations: it helps students stay away from the stress of entrance examination preparation before getting admission in any university
- No scope of donations or capitation: the universities strictly follow no capitation fee policy in Bulgaria
- Cost of accommodation is low: low cost of stay do not trouble international students concerned for expenses during MBBS course
- Education facilities are simply world class: modern amenities, highly advanced and modern infrastructure, 24×7 water and electric supply is made available for the comfortable stay of students
- Safe and healthy atmosphere: low crime rate and a feeling of brotherhood makes the country safe and good for international medical and other course enrolled students in Bulgaria
- Premium quality education: the education and the course curriculum followed in the MBBS Program is of global level
- English medium classes: for non-Bulgarian language speaking Indian students, language is not a barrier because English is the medium of instruction
- World-wide degree recognition: the Bulgarian universities award the medical certificates that are valid world-wide.
Why MBBS in Bulgaria for Indian Students?
MBBS in Bulgaria for Indian students is beneficial because of the several reasons and advantages.
Below are the major advantages:
- Degree is highly appreciated by many employers in the world
- Bulgaria is safe for not only males but also for the female students
- The country has top-ranked management, medical, and other institutions
- Indian food /canteens is available on campus
- No demand for donations or capitation fee
- The universities have a low fees structure
- Visa approval chances are more
- There is no requirement of TOEFL and IELTS scores for pursuing MBBS studies in Bulgaria
- The people of the country are very nice and warm in nature
- You will not have any hardships in sustaining in the country
- There is a comfortable accommodation and food facility for international students
- Medical universities in Bulgaria have received recognition from NMC and WHO and offer good quality education in medicine.
Study in Bulgaria – Quick Facts
- More than 50 recognized universities in the field of medicine.
- The best among those is Plovdiv Medical University.
- Admission procedure is simple and easy.
- MBBS in Bulgaria is recognized by National Medical Commission and WHO (World Health Organization).
- Studying in Bulgaria is pocket-friendly, hence highly preferred by medical students.
- Installment system to help you pay for the best education in proportion.
- Affordable living cost against any other European country.
- MBBS degree from Bulgarian medical universities is globally accepted.
- Practice in India or any other country.
MBBS Fee Structure in Bulgaria
|Name of the University||Tuition Fee per Year (USD)||Hostel Fee per Year (USD)|
|Pleven Medical University||7500||1200|
|Plovdiv Medical University||8000||1200|
|Medical University of Sofia||8000||1000|
|Medical University of Varna||8000||1600|
Based on MBBS Courses for Medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy, the tuition fees may range between 5500-8000 Euros which makes INR 46 lakhs – 67 lakhs for Indian students.
Note: The tuition fee shown above in the table is subject to change and the university reserves all the right to change the fee at anytime without prior informing students. You can contact Study Sevenseas, Delhi for more accurate details in INR.
International students can apply for hostel accommodation for a student hostel. The admission is on a first-come first-serve basis. The cost of university accommodation varies around 35 Euros -70 Euros per month. As per your requirements, you can even prefer to private apartment on rent or go for sharing basis. This might cost around 150 EURO and run up to 300 EURO.
- A candidate has to complete 17+ years of age on or before 31st December of the admission year.
- A candidate must have completed 10+2 standard exam with science degree.
- A candidate must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as your subjects in 12th grade.
- A candidate also must secure at least 50% in 12th grade examination.
- A candidate has to qualify NEET exam to apply for MBBS in Bulgaria.
- A candidate must present all original documents during the time of admission.
Course Duration in Bulgaria for Medicine
Bulgaria offers MBBS, MD, dentistry, pharmacy, and nursing. A candidate can apply for the degree as per requirement. After completion of the course, you will have a successful career in the field of medicine.
- The duration of MBBS in Bulgarian Universities is 6 years.
- In these 6 years of MBBS course, 1 year of internship program is also included. A candidate can practice medicine across the globe after successful completion of above mentioned courses.
- The six year Bulgarian MBBS is organized into two parts.
- First part includes education and basic knowledge of medicine. Second part imparts skill based education where hands on experience will be given.
- The six years are divided in nine different semesters.
Meeting all the eligibility criterion allows us to know intake and application deadlines. As per new guidelines, admission structure might be slightly changed due to pandemic after effects. Kindly contact Study Sevenseas, Delhi for more details.
Intake and Application Deadlines
- The overall procedure of medicine education in Bulgaria commences around September onwards
- The seats are limited and admission is done on first come, first serve basis
- It is important for students to apply for admission in early July or August
- More than 4000 students apply for study in medicine in Bulgaria
- You can also get in touch with Study Sevenseas, Delhi consultancy firm
- For simple and convenient MBBS admission in Bulgaria, one must apply earlier
- Only in veterinary and dental courses, students can apply twice a year
- A candidate can also get in touch with the medical universities in Bulgaria for more information
- Guidance will be provided to candidates for your queries through the online service portal.
Documentation for MBBS in Bulgaria for Indian Students Admission
- Scanned marksheet copy of 10th and 12th standard
- Birth certificate
- A valid passport
- Migration certificate
- Passport size photographs
- The application form must be filled up
- Offer letter from the Bulgarian MBBS university
- Air tickets
- Scanned copies of NEET scorecard
- The documents must be 100% original and genuine
- No criminal certificate
- Certificate of conduct
- The university might need additional documents, keep your documents handy
- Bank statement of your guardian/parents to confirm that you can afford the tuition fee and accommodation cost
- Medical certificate containing complete reports on HIV, coronavirus and vaccination
- If you face any issue with the authenticity of any document, the admission gets stopped immediately
Recognition of Bulgarian Universities
Bulgarian medical universities are recognized by following bodies, which give right to practice anywhere in the world:
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- Ministry of India and Bulgaria
Pedagogy Implemented in Bulgarian Medical Universities
- The Bulgarian universities use two different languages. Bulgarian being the most common form, followed by English. Most of the instructions will be in Standard English language.
- MBBS course in Bulgaria walks the path of innovation and up-to-date technology to provide students modern education.
- It helps learners to adjust as per the new world scenario in the field of health and well-being.
- Histology, anatomy, pathology, bio-chemistry, microbiology, and Pharmacology are taught in the initial three years of medicine.
- In the next few years, focus is on oncology, general medicine, internal medicine, ENT, emergency medicine, psychology, gynecology, and many other subjects included as per approach.
- Summer and winter holidays are given.
- National holidays are also provided.
- The FMGE pass criterion is low.
- The capital city is Sofia in Bulgaria
- The official language is Bulgaria
- Locals in Bulgaria hardly know English, but still universities prefer standard English for education purposes
- Currency of Bulgaria is Bulgarian Lev
- One Indian rupee equals 0.023 Bulgarian lev
- It takes approximately 10-11 hours of traveling from India to Bulgaria
- Bulgarian culture is based on an interesting blend of Thracian, Slavic and Bulgar traditions, along with the influence of the Eastern Orthodox Church
- Many ancient sites have been recognized by UNESCO
- Bulgaria is famous for quality vegetables and dairy products
- Bulgaria is absolutely safe for foreign students
- Bulgarian follows eastern orthodox Christianity.
MBBS in Bulgaria – Overall Costing
- MBBS in Bulgaria is low and pocket-friendly. Hence, preferred course among Indian students.
- For accommodation, students may have to pay 250 Euro – 500 Euro
- Food in Bulgaria will cost around 100 Euro – 200 Euro
- Get dressed in style for around 250 Euro- 500 Euro
- To travel and explore Bulgaria, 50 Euro – 100 Euro estimate is required
- For personal care, students need 150 Euro – 200 Euro
- For entertainment purposes, students might shell out 250 Euro to 300 Euro.
Time Required for MBBS
- MBBS course can be applied in June as well as July every year.
- The medical university applied will take around two weeks to confirm application received.
- Ministry will take around two months for issuing of students Visa for Bulgaria in August or September, so apply early and accordingly.
Career Prospect in Bulgaria for Indian MBBS Students
- Students can apply anywhere across the globe after successful completion of six years MBBS or any degree in the field of medicine.
- Students will get internship of a year for more skill practice.
- Indian students can practice in India or anywhere abroad.
- Students will get updated education with well-equipped network.
- Few universities have scholarship program candidates can benefit from.
- Bulgaria has vast scope for jobs as doctors.
- Both national and international students can apply for loans, if needed.
- Many research-based universities offer research grants for further advanced study in the field of medicine.
- Well- maintained and resourceful libraries for further research in the field of medicine.
- Create identity as a doctor while studying medicine with summer and winter projects in Bulgaria.
What makes Study Sevenseas the Top Study Abroad Consultant?
- We are one-stop solutions to all of the international course consultation requirements with completely transparent services.
- We have a team of highly skilled and experienced staffs as well as counsellors so as to offer the best of the consulting services to Indian students coming from the different family background.
- We at Study Sevenseas charge only reasonable fees so that money never comes in the path of the medical studies abroad for the students.
- We are one of the most trusted and reputed consultancy in the field of MBBS abroad studies.
- Most importantly, we are the official partners of the some of the most renowned MBBS universities in Europe.
- We have tie ups with MBBS universities in Europe which in turn is highly beneficial to the students seeking admission abroad for the medical studies.
There are many countries offering study in medicine to international students.
Making your exclusive selection from the top countries for MBBS study can prove to be of great advantage. Choose to pursue MBBS from Bulgaria for the top quality education in medicine at a low cost. Contact our counsellors at Study Sevenseas in Delhi for the documentation and admission support under a single roof!