Study MBBS in Bangladesh is indeed the right choice not only for the male Indian candidates but also for the female students. Bangladesh is one of the leading countries as an option for foreign MBBS for students of different corners of the world. Most Indian students find Bangladesh an appropriate option for MBBS because of its spectacular performance in the field.
Most of the MBBS universities in Bangladesh hold a high ranking amongst the top universities for MBBS. Also, the skilled and high-class faculty, culture, and low cost for MBBS attract a large number of students towards Bangladesh. Medical universities in Bangladesh follow a curriculum that ensures equal importance to practical knowledge to that for theoretical knowledge. The students can practice various theories and research work at the well-equipped laboratories of the university.
Another highlight of universities in Bangladesh for MBBS is the huge and magnificent infrastructure of the university campus. The campus also involves a highly maintained and well-built hostel. This hostel facility is available for all international and national students. Students can select from the several top-ranked medical institutions and contact us for the MBBS in Bangladesh admission support.
MBBS in Bangladesh – Quick Facts
|Duration of MBBS (MD) Program||5 years+ 1- year internship|
|Medium of teaching||English for international students|
|Eligibility||Minimum 60% in PCB|
|Is NEET mandatory||Yes, minimum pass score|
|Recognition||MCI, WHO, ECFMG, USA, ACGME, MCC|
|Minimum age||17 years|
|Maximum age||No upper age limit|
|Minimum Tuition Fees||INR 2.1 lakhs per year|
|Living cost in Bangladesh||INR 10000 – 14000 per month|
|IELTS & TOEFL||Not necessary for admission|
Why Choose Bangladesh for MBBS Study Abroad?
- One of the leading developing countries in the field of education and economy
- Provides practical knowledge to the students
- Over 50 private and 25 government colleges with decades of excellence
- There is no requirement of exams like TOEFL or IELTS for admission
- No additional language is required, the Indian students can communicate in Hindi and English
- The medium of teaching is kept English so that international students must not face any disadvantage
- Colleges or Universities are available on the basis of NEET score
- Students can appear in the MCI screening test and practice medicine in India after completing MBBS from Bangladesh
- The country has several NMC and MCI recognized universities
- Foreign students are promised security and safety by the norms
- Indian students can also apply for MD or Ph. D in any specification in Bangladesh
- Living and other expense in Bangladesh are affordable
- Safe hostel facility is available for international students
- No donation is required for admission to universities in Bangladesh
- 25% of seats are kept reserved for international students
- The efficiency of MBBS universities in Bangladesh is high
Specifications of medical field available at Bangladesh universities:
- General medicine
- Nursing and many more.
The top universities offer the above-listed specialization to students seeking admission to MBBS Program in the varied colleges or universities in Bangladesh. This option also makes MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian students a good decision. The medical institutions provide internships in a specific field to the students during their MBBS study courses.
Accreditation and recognition for Medical universities in Bangladesh include:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- United Nation Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Advantage of MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian Students
- The study pattern, curriculum, and scope of MBBS in Bangladesh are similar to that of MBBS in India.
- Another advantage for Indian students is the comfort of adapting to a similar culture in Bangladesh as India.
- Both the countries have a lot in common including clothing, food, climate, or other such factors.
- The Indian students can easily adjust to the new environment in Bangladesh.
- The crowd in Bangladesh is very friendly for international students.
- Indian students can easily find affordable accommodation in Bangladesh.
- The medical universities in Bangladesh provide international students with hostel facilities.
- The university campuses are embedded with a large and spacious hostel which allows accommodation to a large number of students at a time.
- The country is considered safe for study in medicine.
- Indian students prefer Bangladesh for MBBS abroad mainly for two main reasons i.e. the similar cultures and the universities in Bangladesh provide globally acceptable MBBS degree.
- The universities in Bangladesh are affiliated and recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) which provides Indian students with an added advantage. Students who want to practice medicine in India can easily appear in the NMC screening test or probably NEXT after completing MBBS from Bangladesh.
- The cost of living and tuition fee is affordable in Bangladesh.
MBBS in Bangladesh – Study Cost
The cost of MBBS depends on the specification area selected by the students. The initial cost of MBBS starts from 25 lakhs and goes up to 40 lakhs. The students can choose from various options available at different universities according to their specifications and budget of study.
Students also have to pay less money for accommodation, food, travel, and other personal expenses in Bangladesh as compared to other international MBBS options. The price of goods at Bangladesh markets is comparatively affordable making it the best suitable MBBS study option in budget.
Also, Indian medical students can apply for scholarships at most of the universities under various programs launched by the Bangladesh government from time to time. The students have to pay a 40-50% fee in the initial year of the MBBS Program.
Top Universities to do MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian Students
The top universities in Bangladesh for MBBS include:
- Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical college
- Dhaka medical college
- Faridpur Medical College
- Bangladesh Medical College
- Armed forces Medical College
- Community-Based Medical college
- Juhurul Islam Medical College
- Ibrahim medical college
- Cox’s Bazar Medical College
- International Medical College
- Sylhet Women’s Medical College
- Anwer Khan Modern Medical College
- Khulna Medical College
- Kushtia Medical College
- Enam Medical College
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Bangladesh
The students applying for MBBS in Bangladesh must stand on some basic criterion set by the council of Bangladesh for MBBS. The universities provide admissions to students only on clearing the set eligibility criterion.
The eligibility criteria enlisted for MBBS in Bangladesh include:
- The students applying for MBBS in Bangladesh must not have more than 2 years gap between the year of passing 12th and the year of application
- The student must have completed their higher education (12th) in PCB as major subjects
- An applicant needs to be of 17 years age while applying for MBBS in Bangladesh
- Student must be able to secure more than 60% aggregate in the 12th standard
- The HSC and SSC aggregate GPA score is just to satisfy the numbers stated by the university and government of Bangladesh currently.
- The students must quality NEET examination with a satisfactory score.
After fulfilling the defined eligibility criteria students can choose a university of choice for MBBS study. Study Sevenseas can help you fill the online admission application form for different universities. Thus, we help increase the chances of MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian students in the session you prefer.
Medical Universities with Top World Ranking in Bangladesh
- University of Dhaka (3338)
- University of Chittagong (5797)
- Rajshahi University (4950)
- Bangladesh University of Professionals (7768) and so on.
Intake for MBBS from Bangladesh
Bangladesh universities start their admission process in August and September whereas the intake starts from the beginning of May or ending of April. The universities float a tentative date for application in MBBS. These dates can be checked on the website of each university easily. Students can plan their admissions according to those published MBBS study admission application dates.
Admission for MBBS in Bangladesh
The procedure for admission at MBBS universities in Bangladesh is a simple and easy process. Students can easily apply for admissions through the online website and university portals.
The online application process starts by end of August or starting the week of September. Due to the availability of limited seats, students are advised to apply earliest as possible.
Admission Process for MBBS in Bangladesh
The admission process for MBBS in Bangladesh is an easy and simple process consisting of few steps:
- A student must fill an online application form of the university in which he or she wishes to seek admissions.
- Then, students are asked to submit their attested documents via scanning and in PDF forms on the online portal of the university.
- The students then receive an admission letter issued by the university upon selection issued by the university.
- The students shall start their immigration process immediately after receiving the letter of invitation from the respective university
- One visit to the Bangladesh embassy is required after getting an admission letter for the document verification purpose.
- Students can apply for a Visa with the help of professional education abroad consultants in Delhi like Study Sevenseas.
- Once your Visa is approved by the government of Bangladesh, you are all set to go.
BANGLADESH – Quick Glance
|Population||16.3 crore (estimated in 2019)|
|Living Cost||150 – 200 USD per month|
Climate in Bangladesh
The climate in the country is tropical monsoon. The summer temperature in Bangladesh range from 38°C – 41°C. There are three different seasons in the country Summer from March to June, winter from October to March, and Monsoon from June to October.
Documents for Admission to MBBS Program in Bangladesh
- Admission application form filled carefully
- Copy of academic certificates 10th & 12th
- NEET pass score
- Copy of valid passport
- Birth and medical certificate
- Passport Size Recent Photographs
Facilities or Amenities in Hostels
- Wi-Fi available round the clock
- Power and water supply 24×7
- Hygienic campus surroundings
- Good quality food facility
- 24×7 facility for student security
- Sharing and independent accommodation
- Separate hostel building for male and female students
Documents for VISA Application
- 10th & 12th Marksheets
- Medical Insurance
- Student visa fees for Bangladesh
- Birth Certificate & School transfer certificate
- Passport size photo – 20
- University’s Official Letter of Invitation from Bangladesh
- Passport with 2 years minimum validity
- Health test certificates
- Multiple set attested photocopies of 10+2, passport, birth certificate, school transfer certificate, and letter of invitation letter
- All documents need to be authorized by New Delhi, the Ministry of External Affairs
Career Prospects for Indian Students Doing MBBS in Bangladesh
Indian MBBS students post successful course completion can expect endless opportunities for growth in the medical sector. The students who completed MBBS in Bangladesh have a better result at international exams in the field in recent years. In comparison to other countries, NMC passing percentage is also higher for MBBS in Bangladesh. The data for recent years have recorded the score to be 27% to 30%.
The students graduating from top medical universities have higher chances to secure well in top examinations. They can practice medicine in any country across the world as the universities in Bangladesh for MBBS provide globally acceptable degrees.
In addition to the above, one of other biggest advantages of completing MBBS from Bangladesh is that those students get a working opportunity in government and private hospitals. The chances of MBBS graduates to qualify for some international exams from the top universities of Bangladesh are quite high. Thus, MBBS in Bangladesh gives Indian candidates great career prospects.
Key Services at Study Sevenseas
- Free of cost counseling
- Personal attention to student problem or parents problem
- Assisting in the documentation
- Visa application support
- Air ticketing for the chosen country for education abroad
- Making the availability of medical college list in Bangladesh
- Helping in finding the low fees Bangladesh MBBS colleges
- Assisting in choosing the best Bangladesh based MBBS university
- Helping in finding suitable accommodation and food facilities in Bangladesh
- Complete admission support for MBBS Study
- Solution to Forex for travel abroad
We are based in Delhi and have helped many students seek admission to top colleges in different nations. If you are looking for MBBS in Bangladesh, choose Study Sevenseas – the top study abroad consultant in Delhi available round the year. Contact us right now for satisfactory career counseling!