ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
It was started as Jesuit College in 1661. In 1940, it was named as Ivano Franko National University of Lviv. It is one of the oldest universities in Ukraine. The university has 17 faculties and it publishes over 40 science journals each year. The university has signed 90 agreements with higher education institutions from over 33 countries. Its’ infrastructure includes 17 laboratories, seven institutes, six museums, and one botanical garden. It is located in the Lviv city of Ukraine. The university has 4th level of accreditation from Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
The university has always emphasized on scientific research and has conducted research in 35 fundamental and 10 applied topics approved by the Ministry. In 2018 19614 students were enrolled in the university. There 142 departments, 99 of them are headed by doctors of science and 41 are candidates of science.
AIM OF THE UNIVERSITY
The university has always focussed on quality education.
- The university strives to achieve the following objectives:
- Achieving the highest standards and globalisation of scientific work
- Providing quality education in medicine and other streams
- Strengthening the integration of world education and world scientific research
- Using modern technology and integration in educational research
- Achieve all-round development of students enrolled in any course
MAIN HIGHLIGHTS OF THE UNIVERSITY
In 2015 the university was on 5th position in the “Top 200 Ukraine” university ranking. In Scopus ranking, it was included in the top three universities of Ukraine. It received 9th rank in the ranking done by World University Webometrics. In April 2018, 6230 articles were published by the university and the Hirsch Index was 55.
IVANO-FRANKIVSK NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY RECOGNITION
- Ministry of Health, Ukraine
- European Directory of Medical Universities
- World Health Organisation
- Medical Council of India
DURATION OF THE MBBS PROGRAMME
The duration of the General Medicine degree (MBBS programme) is 6 years. Five years are for building strong theoretical base and last year of the programme is for rigorous training at the clinics and hospitals affiliated to the university. The one year internship programme is very useful and provides medical students gain practical knowledge related to medication.
- General Medicine (Doctor of Medicine Degree- 6 years)
- Dentistry (5years)
- Pediatrics (6 years)
- Pharmacy (5 years)
STUDENTS’ LIFE (HOSTEL)
Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University offers great campus life to the students. The university has spacious and furnished hostel accommodation for over 2000 students. Rooms are constructed in apartment-like structure. There are separate toilets and kitchens available. Each floor is equipped with facilities like common halls, reading rooms, recreational centres, etc. The availability of hostel accommodation is competitive. Rooms are allotted on a first come first serve basis. Annual contracts are signed and students are expected to maintain the rules and regulations of the university.
- Step 1 – The candidate needs to send the completed admission form along with the required testimonials such as mark sheet, passport number, and birth certificate
- Step 2 – The Letter of Invitation will be issued by the Embassy of Ukraine and the student will be required to pay the fee
- Step 3 – The Embassy of Ukraine will verify the documents and may even conduct an interview with the candidate. The documents of the candidate must be translated into the Ukrainian language beforehand.
- Step 4 – The aspirant should travel to Ukraine for admission before the visa expiry or 15 November. The immigration department will be informed about the student’s arrival.
- Step 5 – An interview will be conducted at the university campus and the documents will be verified for the final time. After the interview, admission, and hostel contract will be signed by the aspirant.
ELIGIBILITY FOR MBBS COURSE ADMISSION
The process followed for the admission in the university is simple and hassle free.
THE STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO FULFIL THE FOLLOWING ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology at the higher secondary level
- Working knowledge of English language
- A valid NEET score is required, as mandated by MCI
- The candidate must have attained 17 years of age
- The candidate should have a valid passport
WHY CHOOSE IVANO-FRANKIVSK NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY?
- Premium quality education: The education and the course curriculum followed in the MBBS Program is of international standard
- No entrance examinations: it helps students stay away from the stress of entrance examination preparation before getting admission in any university
- Globally recognized degree: Not only WHO, MCI but also many global bodies have recognised the Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University located in Ukraine.
- Education facilities are simply world class: modern amenities, highly advanced and modern infrastructure, 24×7 water and electric supply is made available for comfort of international students
- Reasonable tuition fee: it is a very important factor playing remarkable role in attracting more and more international medical students every year. Many students also win scholarship and enjoy free studies. The fee structure is affordable and can be managed by any category of student
- English medium classes: For non-Ukrainian language speaking Indian students, language is not a barrier because English is the medium of instruction
- Modern infrastructure with latest equipment: Medical institution and hospital in the country are equipped with the modern and high-quality equipment. These help in creating better environment for leaner and patients in the country.
- Cost of accommodation is low: low cost of stay do not trouble international students concerned of expenses
WHY HIRE STUDY SEVENSEAS FOR MBBS ABROAD?
Our motto at Study Sevenseas is service and guidance. Our expert counsellors are there to guide you through the exciting journey of selecting a university and securing a seat for your brilliant future.
OUR KEY SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Authentic information about the university
- Complete assistance in documentation work
- Free of cost counselling by expert counsellors
- Visa and admission application support
- Pre and post admission support
- Air ticketing and accommodation search assistance
- Full guidance by our expert counsellors from first to the final step of your admission